Saturday, November 19, 2011

There's no place like home

I can't even tell you how happy I am to finally being back home.  Now that I have returned, I can tell you how crazy November turned into. 

First, I had a business meeting planned for November 3-6 in San Diego...but I rarely go to new parts of the country without taking an extra day or two.  So the 6-8 were 'play' days.  From previous posts (or posts of just pictures) you can see how nice our hotel was.  The weather wasn't ideal but it was nice to not be in NY.  The meeting was OK, but come Sunday we went kayaking to the La Jolla sea caves; unfortunately for us we were on the tail end of a huge rain storm, and it was raining that day so we were not able to go into the caves, which was disappointing.  Even though it was raining and cold - we made the best of it I even wore my first full wetsuit (kayaking post to come later this week).  From there we drove up to Santa Barbara and on that Monday we went wine tasting.  The day we left, we took out the bike hotels and went for a nice ride to Monticeto to Butterfly Beach. 

In the mean time, right before I left for California, I found a tenant for my apartment, who wanted to move in on the 15th, so I started packing a little before that California trip - but at the meeting, I found out I was to go to Arizona the following weekend...not much time to catch up on work AND move AND pack AND go on a blind date.  Thank goodness for my super supportive family! 

Arizona was fun too.  The weather was pleasant during the day and a bit chilly at night.  I went to Saguaro National Park, hiked part of the Picacho Mountain, went to the Biosphere and drove by Talisean West (posts of these to come).  Then for the work meeting, it wasn't bad at all.  We'd met some vendors at other meetings so our nights were never dull.  Drinking, hot tub, watching the meteor shower, etc. 

I am just starting to unpack and get set in my new routines.  The next year is going to be a little challenging...but hopefully well worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment