Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Blind Date

The Blind Date
After our hour conversation last week, I met my blind date.  It was OK, but I will tell you right now that there is only a 5% change that he is my future husband. 

When people set me up, I've learned to NOT ask questions...I don't want to know their opinion or what they think of the person, or why they think we'd made a great couple.  People really don't know each other as well as they think they do.  Characteristics that I like in a person...which is why I think you'd like them...are not the same characteristics that you might prefer.  That being said, the person that recommended my blind date has a very different taste in men than I do.  Sure, I am not going to lie - the guy seemed as nice as could be.  I couldn't find anything wrong with him upfront; aside from being so eager to spend more time with me. 

In the past, I would go meet the person, and I know.  Or I think I know what I want...and if the person doesn't meet that, why bother going out again? I don't want to waste his time or mine. I am not looking for a fling or something short lived; I want a husband.  I don't have that kind of time to waste dating someone for a few months or a year when it has no future potential. I don't want to end up marrying someone because they just happened to be the person I was dating at the time (I feel like a few of my friends fit in this category & why there are so many divorces). 

However, I need to get out more now that I am living with family and since I couldn't find anything wrong with him yet, we will be going out again. I have this groupon for mini golf, batting cages and driving range - so it will be a fun interactive date where he can laugh at my lack of athletic abilities.

So even though this guy is nice - I still found myself thinking he isn't as good looking as my tenant.  He is more my type and single and in my age range.  We are having dinner towards the end of the month - but I know it can't go anywhere since I will be collecting rent every month.

1 comment:

  1. Well good luck! Even if its just nice to get out of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete