Thursday, March 17, 2011

wax on - wax off

By now you all know that I am hairy.  I've tried expensive eye waxings...and they really are not much different than the nail salon that charges $7.  I had this great place I went 2 homes ago, then when I moved to NJ, it was harder and I tended to get waxed when I visited family.  I moved again and this was more permanent and I didn't want to travel for a waxing, so I found a local place closer to me.  They are fast which I like, and they always try to upsell...but you need to since waxing isn't expensive.  They always ask if I want my lip waxed but I never do (since I had electrolysis done).  Then one day I stumbled into my usual nail place for a waxing on a Monday and it turns out Monday is half off waxing.  only $4!  Wow.  So I started going regularly on Mondays, but not regularly like every 2 weeks. Sometimes it is three sometimes it is four.  I don't ask for anyone in particular but I normally get this one lady and she has been doing a good job. 

This past Monday I go in for my usual clean up.  My two ladies were busy doing nails, so someone else does them, she does them much thinner - and I said she could take a little extra off this time, but to still keep it not too thin.  She understood and started her work.  Then all of a sudden there was wax on my lip. I was like, "WHAT are you doing???" and lady said, don't you normally get that done? And I said "no". What happened with them at least ASKING? now I have a half waxed upper lip.

I am glad that the electrolysis worked - and I don't really have a hairy lip...otherwise I'd look like a female version of this

No comments:

Post a Comment