Monday, March 14, 2011

It's a tie

It is official, I am going to surpass last year's sex drought. Last night I suceeded in tieing it up at #4 and it is only March - and I am quite confident that more is to come. I can't say I was surprised it happened last night. I invited myself over to the guy from High School's new place. I gave him his housewarming gift which he really liked and appriciated then we just hung out and ran some errands and got dinner.  I wasn't expecting anything to happen since I am not sure how things like that work....where you hook up one time and not sure if you do it again?  When we got back at 9 I should have left, but didn't and we had a glass of wine and went at it.  Wow.  I was kinda shocked with how great it was - and I was 98% sober.

Things are starting to get better even though all the pieces are falling apart a little, but overall I think I am on the right track to being happier.  I spoke with my family over the weekend about selling my condo and I have an appointment tonight with one real estate agent.  The family was super supportive and knew this was coming since I've been so unhappy with my building for a year or two.  I've talked myself into realizing buying it isn't a regret - I needed to do it to help move on from SI, but now I want something else.  I love my place, I love living alone, but I can have that same love for a new place....and that was confirmed even more when I went to HS friend's place and it was spacious and QUIET.  I need someplace quieter and a place that can grow with me (like having a future husband move in or a child).  I feel a lot more confident in this decision.

But then where to go? That part scares me a little since I will have so many choices. I'll stay with family for a little while, then maybe rent a super small apartment until I figure out what I want to do.  Pay down my credit cards, save or go back to school, move closer to a new job - and starting thinking that a humanitarian job in a third world country might be what I need for a while.  But then I also thinking staying near where I am would be great too or moving to Colorado or Washington DC.

I also paid the matchmaker...so I will have a meeting with them soon and hopefully have a date or two.  Since HS friend works strange hours, is so busy, lives 50 minutes away, and even though we have a bit in common...I don't think he is looking for something serious right now.  I am up for anything, but I'd really love to have somoene to spend my nights/weekends with so I am going to still move forward with this dating other people thing since I don't know where anything is going.  Maybe it will be fun talking to a few people, so uncharacteristic like of me.
*Is my spell check not working? I can't imagine I got all the words correct!

1 comment:

  1. for the life of me, I can't roll my Rs. But name is under consideration :)

    ReplyDelete