Tuesday, August 21, 2012


I was ecstatic that my birthday happened to fall on a weekend day this year, which worked out great because I don't get vacation time yet, and I refuse to work on my birthday (well, that was mostly because I didn't want to be annoyed on my birthday; which was guaranteed with my last job - this job, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad).

So here is a snapshot of highlights from my birthday.

The day before my supervisor gave me a card signed by him and a few people in my sort of department...it was really touching because I didn't know they knew it was my birthday. 

I happened to be awake at midnight, and my sisters were with me - and wished me a happy birthday - and moments later I got a huge hive...I guess my body was not happy about turning 33.  Unfortunately I only got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep - but I woke up happy.

Breakfast in bed, watching Sponge Bob (I hate that show)
Then I went to a sex-shop to get a gift.
Following that I had lunch at a yacht club with my friend.  It was my first time I've been to a private club like that, and I really enjoyed it.  Truth is, I always wanted to belong to one...and maybe I will if I find someone that can afford it and wants to have that kind of lifestyle.  My friend and I split a salad and a lobster roll.  My view was relaxing and beautiful - it was a clear day so I was able to see the NYC skyline.
After lunch I milled around for about 90 minutes, then I boarded the train for the city for a bachelorette party.  I had a drink on a rooftop bar, then rode in a limo to our next destination, the drag show.  I've always wanted to see the drag show...but it was a little less than what I had hoped.  Don't get me wrong, I was hysterical laughing for a little while...but I felt like it fell short with the entertainment.  Glad I did it once.

Next was Johnny Utah's for drinks and bull rides.  I didn't think I'd ride the bull, but we got there early enough where I could do it somewhat anonymously (as in not that many people would see me).  I went up to the bull and mounted him quite quickly compared to the other ladies before me.  The bull conductor was really nice and went sort of slow and I told him when I was done because I didn't want to fall off. 
all the pictures of me on the bull were blurry :(
Then I headed home so I could sleep in my own bed.

It was the first birthday in about 7 years that I didn't cry on my birthday, so it made the day even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment