Sunday, June 3, 2012

L'Original

L'Original in Montreal has a limited menu, but the items were quiet delicious and the presentation of everything was nice.

I started off with the mixed salad with buffalo mozzarella, walnuts and red grapes with a delicious truffle dressing.  The salad was really good, I normally put red grapes in my salad, but what I thought really made it was the candied walnuts and the dressing. 

For my entree I ordered the bison osso bucco.  I never had bison before, so I was not sure what the meat was going to be like; I was pleasantly surprised.  The meat fell apart with the fork, the quinoa was good, and the brussel sprouts were decent. It was a nice size, I had three pieces plus the bone marrow (which I did not eat).   I gave half of one part away so my co-workers could try it and I still had a little bit left in my plate when the waiter took it away.

One colleague ordered the grilled elk steak with wild mushroom and bacon salsa.  I tried a tiny piece of the elk, and although it was a little more rare than I would choose (he explained why they cooked it that way), I still found it pretty good; although I enjoyed mine more.

I also tried the octopus special, but I can say that I am not a big fan of octopus. I ate a smidgen of the small piece she gave me.

The restaurant smelled like vanilla (my favorite smell), and the atmosphere was a little dark & rustic but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment