Wednesday, August 26, 2015

too soon to ask?

When I saw the guy I am talking to after my 2 week absence, I wasn't sure what to expect.  We texted a little bit when I was gone, and in his texts he seems a little cute.  Saying things like he looks forward to seeing me again, using a few of those picture things on the texts, etc.

We hug, we gave a peck on the lips and I get into his car for our drive into the city.

I ask him about his job hunt situation.  He is a consultant so it is very possible his next job will be in DC and will work two or three weeks at a time and then come back to Colorado for a week.  And back and forth.   At this point, he isn't sure, it is still up in the air, but if they offer it and he takes it will be towards the end of September.

He turns to me and says "would you come visit me in DC?".  I was silent.  Then I started laughing.  You know the uncomfortable loud laugh?  I reply, "we are on our 4th date.  That is a lot of pressure."

He responds, "if things go well, and we are still dating?".  I think about it and I say, "yes, of course".

But we haven't even kissed with tongue.  What are the chances in four weeks that we would be far enough at this pace?   We'll see.

I am not giving up just because he might be away a lot.  I like him enough to be intrigued/interested in seeing if this could go anywhere but I think I am going to go back on the website and answer other emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment