Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fascinating tour of Sports Authority Field at Mile High

In the last two years I've gotten into football.  It is a little fall/winter obsession of mine now.  In fact, I even bought one ticket to the Broncos this season because who wouldn't want to see the Broncos play at home?  And this city is obsessed with football!

I thought the first time I'd see Sports Authority Field at Mile High was going to be the day of my game...but it turns out they give stadium tours.  My visiting family wanted to go and I said yes absolutely that is something I wanted to see too.  I've been a Broncos fan for about 3 years along with Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers, but the Broncos had an edge over the other two...and that was before I moved here.

The tour was great.  I've never toured a stadium before...so take that 'great' with a grain of salt.  Our tour guide was very knowledgeable not only with his facts and speech but answering all the questions.  We had access to the executive suites, which were nice, I'd love to watch a game from there (I only was in a suite once to see the Mets play), the United Club area, where the big shots sit and provide feedback to the field (I was surprised this room was bare bones and they bring in all the equipment day of event), the media area, the visitor locker room, one of the keg rooms,  the field tunnel and of course seeing the field (can't go on it).  The tour was a little over 90 minutes.

I am so glad I went because I was able to see a lot more than I would have access to on a game day where all I'd see was the parking lot and my seat with the view of the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment