Monday, March 22, 2010

March MADness

I am definitely not a sports type in fact I am athletically challenged. My only 'real' attempt at sports was CYO basketball in middle school. I actually would like to think I was even OK at it...but I was too nervous to try out for JV in the 9th grade (although I probably would have made it). While asserting blame on someone else is the easy way out, I have to wonder if my gym teachers are partially to blame. We played ping pong my WHOLE junior & senior year of high school and just volley ball in the 10th grade. Certainly we could have done more.

Anyway, that being said, I LOVE March Madness. And it is not because I know all the college basketball teams and players. Oh No. I love the competition and rooting against who my friends want to win. Sure the games are a lot of fun to watch - especially really close ones. This year was the first year I filled out a bracket- which made me root not just for anytime, but my predetermined teams (and ZERO research went into picking...which made my bracket, as others would say 'interesting').

I am going MAD. First it started off getting hot & sweaty while my team & my friends teams are in a dead heat...I think I am going to hyperventillate...But it gets worse - I can't stop thinking about it. I am having nightmares (and waking up in the middle of the night) about the teams I selected & loosing & needing to know the scores & my place in the running at all times. Now, your thinking...I must be in a huge bracket with lots at steak. OH NO! there are 3 of us with a dinner up for grabs, but gosh darnet - I WANT TO WIN. I am currently tied for second :(

No comments:

Post a Comment