I also knew I wanted to see a lot this past year, and therefore I purchased the National Park Pass early into my trip knowing that in twelve months, it should pay for itself.
So, let's see if there was any savings from July 2014 - July 2015.
National Park Pass Purchase Price: $80
- Lincoln Boyhood Home $3 me and $3 guest = $6
- Badlands $15
- Scotts Bluff NM $3
- Rocky Mountain National Park $20 (aug)
- Florissant Fossil Beds NM $3
- Rocky Mountain National Park $20 (sept)
- Maroon Bells $10
- Rocky Mountain National Park $20 (jan) --> pass paid for itself +17 savings. Everything else is additional savings.
- Colorado National Monument $10 (may)
- Canyonlands National Park $10 (may)
- Arches National Park $10 (may)
- Great Sand Dunes $10 (july)
- Mesa Verde $15 (july)
- Rocky Mountain National Park $20 - my roommate (july)
AAA discount Purchase Price: $52
- Corvette Museum $4 (two people)
- Hotel in Ohio (July) $10
- Hotel in Kentucky (July) $10
- Graceland Admission $6 (two people)
- Hotel in Tennessee (July) $5
- Hotel in Kansas $13 (two nights)
- Hotel in South Dakota (July) $5 ....already saved $1. Everything else is additional savings.
- Hotel in Nebraska (July) $15
- Squirrel Cage Jail $1
- Stanley Tour $6 (two people)
- Campsite (May) $11.50
Total AAA savings: $34.50
AAA automatically renewed at the start of my end month, so I had to write a letter, explain I moved and mail back my card and hope they refund me $52.
Total card savings: $126.50. I'd say it was well worth it!