Wednesday, June 4, 2014

stress

Some people, while stressed, lose weight.  I am not sure if it is lack of eating, a higher metabolism or something else.  Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

When I am stressed I gain weight. Sometimes I'll indulge in cookies or ice cream, a few pieces of chocolate or maybe even something fried a few times a month.  As an indulgence, it shouldn't be enough to make me gain 5-10 pounds, it isn't like that is all I am eating.

I was doing really well last year, I was finally happy with my body.  And it lasted for months.  Then came the certification examination - I was extremely stressed and nervous for a month before hand, then waiting the 6-8 weeks for the results.  Since that was in December, my indulgence were some cookies. I wouldn't say I ate a ton of them either!  And my breakfasts and lunches have been the same thing I've been eating for the last 4 years.  My dinner are very similar as well, very basic, a protein, sometimes a side vegetable, sometimes not.

So that was November and December worried about the exam.  January and February was the loss of ManFriend and the realization that Mountain Man was a dead end.  March - June has been extremely stressful regarding the apartment.

It is so frustrating.  Every time I make it to a place I am happy with my weight, some major stressor comes up and I have to start all over again.  I'd love to be in a frame of mind with little to no stress where my body weight will be more constant.

Or maybe my weight issue isn't stress, it can very well be endocrinologic....but I haven't found a good endocrinologist yet and that would require me to go off birth control (so the doctor said).  It is definitely something to consider.

The good news is all this stress hasn't increased the white hair significantly....I still have them but it hasn't triplicated.  And my hair hasn't started thinning more...although that usually happens after the stress is over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment