Friday, June 13, 2014

Portland

I had a work meeting in Portland, OR. I was looking forward to getting away for a few days, even if it did mean long days.

Chocolate Mousse
My first day there, after my meeting, I met up with Mountain Man and his friends for dinner.  We went to Ringside Fish House, where I had an amazing meal.  We  had a few drinks, split oysters and I had the rockfish, and split the chocolate mousse.  And then we were flirting.  Since we got there much later than his friends...they all left and it was just him & I eating our entrees.  We walk back to the hotel, and I made the executive decision to go to his room.

VooDoo Doughnuts
The next day I had off, and ventured to Voodoo Doughnuts.  I am not a huge doughnut fan, but everyone was talking about them.  Since Mountain Man was going to be hungover, I figured I'd get some doughnuts for when he woke up.  But the problem was what kind to get???  I didn't just want to get a regular one, I wanted something weird, and there was plenty to chose from.  I also don't know what kind of sweets Mountain Man likes, aside from that he doesn't like peanuts/peanut butter.  I keep him waiting because, well, of course there is a line...not bad, only 40 minutes.  Was it worth it? I don't really know.  They were OK...if there was a sign like DisneyWorld that said "wait time from here 40 minutes" I probably would not have waited.  But it all worked out...so I was late, but he was hung over and off to a slow start.  We caught part of the Portland Rose Festival before picking up the rental car.




We headed out to Seaside and Cannon Beach, about a 90 minute drive.  A beautiful ride through the forest to get there, we had a quick bite at The Crabby Oyster (clam chowder was lumpy and was worse tasting than campbell's, the shrimp on a skewer were OK, but not worth the $15 price tag, and even worse was the crab cake melt, which not only looked disgusting, but didn't taste that good either).


The coast was beautiful.  We spent a few hours walking the seaside beach and then decided to visit Cannon Beach, we were hoping to find some rocks/pools of water, but it was just another beautiful beach.

We walked, we skipped sand dollars into the water, we sat in the sand.  The water was too cold to go in for a swim, but of course we went in up to our knees.  It was such a relaxing day, I felt a million miles away from all the stress.

 Mountain Man had dinner plans that evening, mine were cancelled, so we ended our trip and headed back.

The following day we had a work function and afterwards we got drunk again and had an amazing night together.  When it came to saying goodbye..I wanted more time with him, I felt like were just getting into a much better grove than previous times, and I wanted it to continue a few more days.  The goodbye was simple, just a quick kiss, no I hope to see you soon, no I'll miss you, no I look forward to next time.  Just...have a safe trip home. Muah.

Then he left and I continued to work/sight see on my own.
I used the MAX light rail, saw the International Rose Test Garden, visited Powell's bookstore, walked around the town, had some other great meals out, toured the USS Bluebird and met up with my Friend who lives in Oregon for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment