Friday, May 15, 2015

Masturdating

photo from Twitter
My roommate just showed me this photo that appeared in her twitter feed.  I frowned; this is something I do all the time.

Just like masterbating, this has such a negative cogitation to go along with it.  Maybe it is because I was raised catholic,but masterbating was a sin through lust. And is selfish because you are fulfilling your own desires...when I guess you are supposed to have someone else do it for you?   So, does that translate to masturdating?  Should I feel ashamed that I don't have someone to eat or go to a movie with?  No.  Absolutely not.

Sure, I occasionally go out to eat alone and I frequent the movies by myself. Sometime I take classes alone, or see a show solo.  It's called life.  I wasn't lucky enough (yet) to find a partner or good friends and I am not going to hold back on doing what I want just because I don't have someone to share it with.  Why do we need to make these 'fancy trendy' words?

A good number of our population is made up of singles, just because we don't have someone to share our free time with doesn't mean we need to sit at home and twiddle our thumbs.  Make the most out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment