Sunday, January 31, 2010

I love grocery shopping

I love going grocery shopping. Something about it is so relaxing. I must admit however, that I was a much better grocery shopper years ago, cutting coupons, planning ahead...now I have a general idea what I might want to eat this week and end up spending more money. Today, I took my time going up and down almost every isle, and was very impressed with the diversity of foods that is now stocked on the shelves. A while back I tried a gluten-free diet, and it was very difficult to find snack foods, desserts, etc, but today I saw gluten free cake mix! Additionally the amount of organic foods and ethnic foods has increased so much in the last year. I know I get tired of eating the same thing over and over, and it is so great to look down the isles and say, hmm - that sounds good! Today I picked up organic peanut butter, organic black bean & corn salsa, and a box of 'fancy' wheat thins. I hope the grocery store's awareness for healthy good for you foods becomes the norm and helps all of us Americans eat better by weening off of the high sugar and processed foods. I am not a health food nut by any means, and have had a constant struggle with weight in the last 10 years, but I hope that having healthier foods that doesn't require a separate visit to another store will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment