Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eggplant & Spinach


Took out a little red wine and started to prepare meals for the week. Since I live alone, cooking economically with a variety could be hard. I bought an eggplant today. I used the one eggplant and made three dishes, to help with eggplant boredom. Baked eggplant and spinach parmesan, eggplant and spinach gluten free penne, and grilled eggplant and cheese panini. In addition to the eggplant, Ill be making chicken and roasted peppers and mozzarella, but the chicken has defrosted yet. All three dishes (3 servings each of the parmesan and pasta dishes, 1 of the panini) totalled about $9.71 - with extra spinach and mozzarella to be used later.


Hmm, better planning, and i could have saved $80 at the grocery store today buying items I'm not eating this week....I really need to get better at things like this to stop wasting food.

No comments:

Post a Comment